Patients and Visitors
Arrangements for your admission are made by your physician, a member of Magee General Hospital’s medical staff. When applicable, pre-admission tests may be completed prior to the day you enter the hospital.
Magee General Hospital uses J. L. Morgan & Associates to measure patient satisfaction. You may be randomly selected by Press Ganey to answer questions about your hospital stay. If you are contacted, we encourage you to participate in the survey. Your responses will help us know our areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.
A pre-admission appointment will make your stay easier and less stressful.
If your physician’s office has not made a pre-admission appointment for you, please call 601-849-5070 and we will schedule one at your convenience. You will meet with a pre-admission nurse who will make sure everything is in order. Your doctor may also schedule routine medical tests such as laboratory tests or X-rays, before your hospitalization. However, other routine tests may be done on the day of your admission. You may want to bring a family member or trusted friend to your pre-admission appointment. We can help answer questions you or they may have then.
What to do if you’re having surgery.
If you are scheduled to have elective surgery and need a blood transfusion, you may consider providing your own blood. You must donate blood at least 72 hours before surgery. Your blood will be stored in your name and reserved just for you. We encourage you to discuss this program with your physician.
Please bring the following with you on your admission day:
• Current Insurance Card or Credit Card or Cash for Payment or Deposit
• Picture ID
• Insurance Authorization (if you have received one)
• Physician Orders or Paperwork
• Blood Donor Cards
• Advance Directive
What to bring for a hospital stay:
• Bring several forms of personal identification, such as a driver’s license, birth certificate, Social Security card, etc.
• Bring contact information about your closest relative, someone we can contact if you need items from home.
• Bring your current medications in their labeled bottles.
• Bring your health insurance information.
• If you have Advance Directives or Healthcare Power of Attorney information, please bring it. You may obtain blank copies of Advance Directives by contacting our Social Services Department at: 601-849-7371.
Remember: If you are coming as an outpatient, you will need someone to drive you home after your procedure.
Please do not bring these items to the hospital:
• Jewelry and other valuables
• Large amounts of cash
• Electronic devices
We help you heal even after you leave.
If you should need skilled nursing care or physical therapy at home, we will gladly help arrange this service if medically necessary. We also will arrange ongoing hospitalization at a skilled nursing facility or rehabilitation hospital if necessary. If you have any questions, please call our Social Services Department at 601.849.5070, Ext. 7371.
300 Third Avenue Southeast
Magee, Mississippi 39111
©2022 MAGEE GENERAL HOSPITAL